Artist Award Application
This award is provided annually to an outstanding Arkansas woman artist to pursue and complete new creative work: workshop training, research, and travel, or essential equipment or supplies to that end. New creative work in all media is eligible for consideration. The award is a one-time grant payment of $2,000. The Committee accepts nominations from Arkansas women artists and arts professionals.
This unconditional award is granted in recognition of the artistic accomplishments and outstanding talent of the recipient. The recipient is required to complete a consent form giving ACNMWA permission to disseminate her name, a provided personal photograph, and images and information about her artwork for publicity and educational purposes. The recipient must complete a W-9 form for ACNMWA tax-reporting purposes and is responsible for any personal tax obligations under federal and state tax laws. At the end of the grant year, the recipient is required to report how the stipend was expended to the Artist Award Committee, and she presents her new creative work to the ACNMWA Board of Directors.
The applicant must be 18 years of age or older and have resided in Arkansas for at least one year. Applicants must complete the online application form: the deadline is February 1. The recipient is notified March 1.
- Applicant must be an Arkansas woman artist, 18 or older, residing in the state for at least one year.
- Previous Arkansas Committee Artist Award recipients are ineligible.
- Current Arkansas Committee board members are ineligible.
- Students may use the stipend for tuition or training in art programs.
- Professional artists may use the stipend for travel, workshops/training, and/or a specific project.
- Recipient must complete the project within one year of receiving the award stipend.
- Recipient must submit a report of how the stipend was used to the ACNMWA Artist Award Committee.
- Recipient must make an oral and visual presentation to the ACNMWA Board of Directors upon the culmination of the project.
- The stipend is awarded based on the Committee’s assessment of the proposed project submitted.
- Good quality digital images of three representative pieces of art must be submitted with the application.
View Previous Artist Award Winners
Browse the work of recent award winners and learn more about their story, inspiration, and how their art exemplifies their passions.