ACNMWA Artist Award
Each year the Arkansas Committee selects an outstanding Arkansas woman artist to receive the ACNMWA Artist Award. The one-time $2,000 grant is used for expenses related to professional development or pursuit of new creative work: workshop training, research, travel, and/or essential equipment or supplies. Applicants must complete the online application form: the deadline is February 1. The recipient is notified March 1. The award is an investment in Arkansas women artists seeking to further artistic skills and creative vision.
To issue a $2,000 stipend to an outstanding woman artist from Arkansas, in pursuit and advancement of her artistic skills and talents.
This unconditional award is granted in recognition of the artistic accomplishments and outstanding talent of the recipient. The award is made directly to the individual, is non-matching, and is based on the creative excellence of the project or works submitted for review. The recipient is required to complete a consent form giving ACNMWA permission to disseminate her name, provided photograph, and project information for publicity and educational purposes. The recipient is required to complete a W-9 form for ACNMWA tax purposes and is responsible for any personal tax obligations under federal and state tax laws. ACNMWA reserves the right not to issue the award in any given year.
1. Applicant must be an Arkansas woman artist, 18 or older, residing in the state for at least one year.
2. Previous Arkansas Committee Artist Award recipients are ineligible.
3. Current Arkansas Committee board members are ineligible.
4. Students may use the stipend for tuition or training in art programs.
5. Professional artists may use the stipend for travel, workshops/training, and/or a specific project.
6. Recipient must complete the project within one year of receiving the award stipend.
7. Recipient must submit a report of how the stipend was used to the ACNMWA Artist Award Committee.
8. Recipient must make an oral and visual presentation to the ACNMWA Board of Directors upon the culmination of the project.
9. The stipend is awarded based on the Committee’s assessment of the proposed project submitted.
10. Good quality digital images of three representative pieces of art must be submitted with the application.
- File Format: JPEG only
- File dimension: No smaller than 1920 pixels on the longest side – File resolution: 72 ppi/dpi
- File size: 3 MB maximum
- Images must be oriented correctly (vertical or horizontal)
- Maximum of 3 photos per entry
- No digital enhancements
The deadline to apply is February 1 of each year.
For additional information, please email: email@example.com
1995 – Cynthia Powell, Lisa Brumbelow
1996 – Brandy Banks, Jerri Miller, Lynn Hackney
1998 – Kathleen Holder
2000 – Debora Warren
2001 – Ramona Wood
2002 – Maria Botti Villegas
2003 – Ilayali Alvarez-Hallmark
2004 – Barbara Cade
2005 – Debbie Finley
2006 – Laura Waters
2009 – Diana Michelle Hausam
2010 – Katherine Strause
2012 – Mary Ann Stafford
2013 – Maxine Payne
2015 – Robin Miller-Bookhout
2016 – Beverly Buys
2017 – Rachel Trusty
2018 – Melissa Cowper-Smith